Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Comments for Kids in September




comments for kids

C4K #1

My assignment was a class in Gulf Shores. The teacher's name is Mr. Capps. This blog did not have individual student blogs, so I commented to the class as a whole. The blog I commented on was Write Now, Alexander, Who Use to Be Rich Last Sunday. In the blog each student was suppose to write a story, about a situation, in which they wanted to buy something. Next, the students had to count out how much money they had. Then, they were suppose to figure out how much money they needed in order to purchase the item.   At the time of my post, no comments had been posted.

I started out saying hello to Mr. Capps and the whole class. I explained that I also live in Alabama. I asked if anyone had heard of the small town I live in or the town my children attend school at. I commented on the pictures that were on the blog. I also asked the students about their favorite thing about math. Lastly, I told them that I was looking forward to hearing from them.

C4K #2

In my second C4K assignment, I was assigned to Atze, an eight grader, in Mrs. Krebs class. In his blog, Atze had a picture that contained artifacts that belonged to his family. He included a hat that belonged to his gramps, a trumpet that belonged to Pake Atze, a picture of the Platz, and a pill box that belonged to his great grandmother.

I thanked him for sharing his family's history. Next, I expressed the importance of knowing our family's history. Last, I asked him if the Platz in his blog was the Platz in Germany. I googled Plaatz because I didn't know what it was.  I also asked him if his family was from Germany. At the end, I told him to keep up the good work.

Atze replied that it was in Freisland, Holland.

I replied back and asked him if his family was from Holland. I also asked him if he had been to Holland, I stated that I thought about wind mills and wooden shoes when I thought about Holland.

C4K #3

In this assignment, I was assigned to Jake. He is a 4th grader at.   In his first blog post he talked about how much he admired his mom. She is a heart doctor. She also takes care of him.

In my response, I told Jake that his mom was a special lady. I thought that her favorite job was taking care of him. I shared with him that I was a mom of 3. I told him to be sure to tell her he loved her every day. I closed by asking him what he.  

I commented on Jake's new comment. He described playing soccer and the sound of the leaves crunching and the smell of the air and grass. He expressed his love for soccer.

I responded by telling him that I enjoyed hearing about his love for soccer. I especially like hearing him use descriptive words in his writing. I explained how using descriptive words helped the reader to visualize what he was saying. I shared how I love this time of year. The weather of fall and the color of the leaves are my favorite. I asked him how long he had been playing soccer. Then I encouraged him to continue blogging. Finally, I  asked him if he had any tips on blogging for me.

I didn't get a reply.





























No comments:

Post a Comment