Sunday, October 21, 2012

Comments 4 Teachers #2


I am driven by two main philosophies, know more today about the world than yesterday. And lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
I’d like to think that this is the underpinning of modern public education. Some days, I witness that everywhere.
Too often, I see people who are motivated to achieve for the purpose of getting more for themselves.
Learn and work for others. That’s education.




In my post I introduced myself. I explained that my assignment was to to comment on the post today and again in two weeks. I told him that I agreed with his quote. I explained that I wanted to get my teaching degree because I wanted to make a difference in the lives of the students. I told him that I knew how children had to face so many difficulties that were way beyond their understanding. I stated that I was  passionate about my students knowing that someone cared.






I knew exactly what I had to do. It might cost me my job, my career, and my reputation, but following your heart doesn’t really make allowances for such paltry concerns.

-Terry Fallis in Up and Down
How easy it is to mistake what’s easy for what’s right.
At the end of the day or the end of my life, I will be that which I believe. I hold my heart in  highest priority. Why do we shy from that?
It is often the hardest steps that are most worth making.



No comments:

Post a Comment