Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blog Post #12

pinterest for teachers


Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social medias available today. Your assignment is to go to Pinterest and create an account. Find four different pinners that you can use to help you in your classroom. Find a particular item from each pinner and tell how it can be used in your future classroom. Then explain how you feel using Pinterest in the classroom and if you feel that these items are useful or not.




Ideas for ELAR


contractions worksheet
This is a worksheet that I can use in my classroom to teach contractions. I found this on Diane Dahl's page. She has many great ideas to use in the classroom. The students will cut out the contractions at the bottom of the page and glue them in the correct box.

A quick review for long division



quick review of long division








Source: youtube.com via Stacy M on Pinterest




In this you tube video, Michael Kennelly demonstrates how to use long division. He starts out by explaining to us what divisor, dividend, and quotient is. Next he explains the 4 steps in long division. They are find, multiply, subtract, and bring down. To help students remember the steps he gave them the tip of the family. Father (find), Mother (multiply), Sister (subtract) and Brother (bring down). Next he demonstrates how to use the steps in long division by working out a problem. When he is finished he goes over the steps one more time.

Snowman Craft


snowman craft

Alison is the pinner who shared this snowman craft with us. In this craft you mix equal amounts of shaving cream and elmers glue. Create a snowman with the mixture on blue card stock.  Form the eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, hat, and arms with pieces of card stock. Allow time to dry. Adorable craft that is inexpensive and fun. This is a fun and creative activity that kids in many grades would enjoy doing. I would definitely do this with my students.

Cute Video to Teach Skip Counting by 5's


Source: youtube.com via Stacy M on Pinterest

Ashlee Rhoades shared this you tube video that uses music and movement to motivate students to learn to count by 5's. I could use this video in my classroom if I teach K-2nd graders. This activity would give my students as opportunity to have fun and move around while also learning how to count by 5's. I love to incorporate music into the classroom.

Pinterest is a valuable tool for teachers. Especially teachers that will be teaching in K-6. It provides a vast amount of information that teachers can use to help teach curriculum, make lesson plans, choose books, make bulletin boards, crafts, and party ideas. The list seems to be endless. These teachers share different materials that they created or found with other people/teachers. This can save a vast amount of time for the teachers. It provides unique and fun learning opportunities for the students as well. I have provided you with four easy ways to use Pinterest in the classroom. I would recommend that all teachers get signed up now and start pinning ideas for their future classrooms. I know that is will be a GREAT asset to my classroom. I look forward to using these ideas and making memories with my students.

1 comment:

  1. I think that your blog assignment was very enriching. I like the thought of doing an blog assignment for this class, that actually lets us feel as though we are teachers already and not just doing an blog post because it is assigned to us. I think you did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete