Sunday, September 23, 2012

Comments 4 Teachers #1



google images



C4T#1

My C4T assignment was Mr. Wickens, a PE and geography teacher who is presently working on his PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate of Education). In this blog he was discussing the recent iPad training session that he attended. He shared the excitement that his colleagues experienced, while learning about different apps that could be used on the iPad in the classroom. Although he was familiar with many of these apps, it was through these training session that he learned the full extent to which these apps could be applied  in the classroom.

 Here are his top picks. 
*Camera & Photo Roll
* Explain Everything
*iFiles
*Book Creator/Creative Book Builder
*iCab Mobile
*Pages, Keynote & Numbers
*NearPod


In my comment, I mentioned that I found these apps to be useful and informative. I acknowledged that I thought that iPads and these apps are great tools to have in the classroom. I shared, an example, of a little boy that was playing on an iPad the other day. I was amazed how easily he was able to work the iPad. I told Mr. Wickens that I was glad that he was given the opportunity to go to this training and learn how to use these amazing apps in the classroom. I also thanked him for sharing this information with us. I expressed that I thought this information could be helpful in my path to becoming technology literate.

C4T#2

Mr. Wickens posted on his blog that he is presently in school at Loughborough University to get his PGCE. He also spoke of how nervous he was about going back to college. Although he was nervous, he knew that he was prepared to take this next step because of the different opportunities that he had over the past three years. In his post, he suggested that anyone wanting to go into the field of education should first get some teaching experience. He offered this suggestion because many of his friends were no longer in the field of education because they didn't understand what they were getting into. At the end of his post, he stated how Twitter has been effective in offering encouragement during this phase of his life.

In my comment, I explained how I was also experiencing many of the same feelings. We both are returning to college and feeling nervous. I also shared how I wish that I had known what I wanted to do when I finished high school. Also, I shared  it was through my substitute teaching that I realized that I wanted to become a teacher. I finished my comment by commending him on his decision to return to school.




No comments:

Post a Comment