Sunday, December 2, 2012

Comments 4 Kids November


11/6/2012

blog
Mr. Boylens Class

C4K #8

In C.J.'s blog post she talks about how she is reading a book called Sounder. She says that it is good and that she can't wait to see the movie. She also like the book because it can help her pull her literature grade up.


In my reply I explain that I hadn't heard of the book but that it sounded like a really good book. I asked her what happened in the end. I explained that it sounded like a book that my son would like to read. I encouraged her to work on pulling her literature grade up. I shared I was excited that her class was blogging. I explained that my eighth grade son doesn't know what blogging is and that he attends a rural school where technology is not emphasized much. She had several mistakes, so I closed by telling her to read over her post before she published it. I also suggested that she might want to save it and reread it again later when she could see her mistakes more easily. 


I love bloggin

I hope my comments encourage them to keep blogging!!!!!

C4K #9

My C4K assignment was Nykeshia, a student a Robertsdale High School. Her blog post was an assignment about Napoleon Bonaparte's last days. This is what she wrote.

Napoleon's Deathbead

Napoleon Bonaparte was a French military leader who is associated with French Revolution. He was Emperor of France from 1804 to 1815. Later in his life Napoleon was sent into exile on the island of Saint Helena where he also died.
When historical figures like Napoleon Bonaparte die, people often wonder what their last thoughts were, what were their last words. Napoleon didn’t exactly lie down and wait to die on his deathbed. According to Norwood Young’s Napolean In Exile: St.Helena (1815-1821) while Napoleon was on his death bed he went over his will and his finances several times. According toMemoirs of the Last Two Years of Napoleon’s Exile, written by Francesco A. Antommarchi, for days Napoleon ate only fruit and biscuits and drank only wine.
Napoleon’s last days on earth were very painful. He had a violent fever that lasted for days, he had horrible vomiting fits and his pulse varied from 78-86 pulsations per minute. When his fever wasn’t active his body temperature was below the natural temperature. Napoleon had continued relapses, unquenchful thirst, pains in his abdomen, and nausea.Napoleon’s servants stated that while he was on his death bed Napoleon’s attitude was much kinder than usual, that he spoke gently and carefully to everyone. Napoleon was very aware that his time on earth was coming to an end and asked to be taken to his art room so he could think. Napoleon died on May 5 of 1821 of stomach cancer. Napoleon’s last words were “France, armée, tête d’armée, Joséphine’ which means ‘France,Army,Head of the Army, Josephine.’


In my response I explained who I was and started by saying that I enjoyed reading her post and found it to be very informative. I commented on the incredible pain that he had to experienced during his last days. I shared that I had thought about whether I would want to know that I was dying. I also asked what grade she was in and what were some things she enjoyed doing. I closed by encouraging her to continue her writing and to keep up the good work.

C4K #10

My C4K post was a video of the field trip to Montgomery. Below is the video and my comments.

Montgomery Field Trip Projects ( Rosa Parks)

Hey Kids,
I just watched the video of Rosa Parks. I find it incredibly fascinating to see how you are using technology. I liked how you used it to share with us your experience during your field trip. Did you record on an iPad? How do you like using technology? Do you think that you learn more by using technology? Do you think that technology makes learning more fun? I would like to know since I hope to be teaching in the near future. I had not thought about using an iPad to make a video about what my students learned during a field trip. Tell your teachers that you want to go to Saint Stephens to learn about Alabama’s first capital. I live in Saint Stephens and enjoy going to the park to learn about the settlement that once existed here. It is so amazing. You sounded really excited to meet Gov. Robert Bentley in the video. I look forward to seeing what you have to say in the future. I thought you did a GREAT job on your video.
Thanks for Sharing,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment